Saturday 27 September 2014

My Experience with RRS Readers




Stopera, D. (CC) 2014
"50 Pictures That Will Take You Right Back to Your Childhood"
I think RSS readers are great for individuals like me who maybe do not use computers and the digital environment as often or to its full potential. This is because websites like Feedly offer an easy way to view and sort information of your interest with little effort. It allows you to update on news, humor and other topics of interest within minutes. I decided to share two very different links from my reader; the first one is The Journal of Applied Physiology. This journals has helped expand the research component of my personal learning environment by bringing up and coming research in this field right to me. One article I found particular interesting was a recent study looking at muscle nerve activity during cold stress and isometric activities. I chose to share a second link that may be of more interest to the general population ( and to prove I am not as big of a nerd as I may seem haha). I am sure most of you have already heard of the site buzzfeed but it is the second link I have chosen to share. This site is in no way a scholarly one, however it is very entertaining. One of my favourite things to do when I need a break from my homework is look at their totally relatable and funny posts such as;  50 Pictures That Will Take You Right Back to Your Childhood" or “36 Kids Who Take Better Selfies Than You" . I love how my reader can bring together scholarly works and more fun sites for when you need a something a little lighter to read. I definitely think this tool is something I will continue to use and am excited to add to my personal learning environment.
- Olivia 


No comments:

Post a Comment